Your use of the Membership portal (Licensed Product) is governed by this AGREEMENT and is contingent on your acceptance of the AGREEMENT. Please read this AGREEMENT carefully and make sure that you fully understand it. Purchase of the Licensed Product signifies agreement with the terms below. This AGREEMENT is an agreement you (an individual person, referred to in this AGREEMENT as “You”) are making with The Ocular Wellness & Nutrition Society located at P.O Box 69, Massapequa Park , New York 11762, (“OWNS”) for use of all content within the OWNS Member portal. Such items in the OWNS Member portal include but are not limited to interaction with other OWNS members. By accessing, viewing, copying, or otherwise using the Licensed Product, You agree to be bound by the terms of this AGREEMENT. If You do not agree to the terms of this AGREEMENT, do not access, view, copy, or otherwise use the Licensed Product, and You must delete any of the OWNS Licensed Product in Your possession.
- LICENSE. Subject to the terms of this AGREEMENT, the OWNS hereby grants to You a non-exclusive, nontransferable, limited, revocable license (1) to use the Licensed Product for personal use only, and (2) to use the contents of the Licensed Product solely for collaborating with other OWNS members in research or academic work, making referrals to other members, and for similar non-commercial purposes or purposes related to your practice or research activities. Without limiting the foregoing, You are specifically prohibited from using the Licensed Product for commercial activities, including but not limited to marketing products or services to OWNS members, and from distributing or sharing the Licensed Product (in whole or in part). You may not sublicense the rights granted to You in this AGREEMENT and should direct licensing requests to OWNS. This AGREEMENT shall terminate immediately upon any breach or other failure to comply with the terms of this AGREEMENT by You, without prejudice to any other rights OWNS may have. Upon termination of this AGREEMENT, You must destroy all copies of the Licensed Product and any works incorporating or derivative of any portion of the Licensed Product.
- NO WARRANTY. OWNS provides the licensed product as is and with all faults and hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied, or statutory, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties, duties, or conditions of: merchantability; fitness for a particular purpose; accuracy; results; lack of viruses, Trojan horses, disabling devices, or worms; or lack of negligence.
- EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this AGREEMENT, in no event shall OWNS be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever arising out of or in any way related to the use of or inability to use the Licensed Product, or otherwise under or in connection with this AGREEMENT, even in the event of negligence, strict liability, breach of contract, or breach of warranty of OWNS, and even if OWNS has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. You understand and acknowledge that the Licensed Product represents valuable confidential information of OWNS entitled to protection as a trade secret. You shall keep confidential, and shall protect from unauthorized disclosure, the Licensed Product and all copies or physical embodiments thereof in Your possession. You shall use the Licensed Product only for purposes provided for under this AGREEMENT, and shall limit access to the Licensed Product to such individuals as consultants, accountants, and attorneys who require such access in connection with Your use thereof as permitted by this AGREEMENT. You shall secure and protect the Licensed Product and any and all copies and other physical embodiments thereof in Your possession.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This AGREEMENT constitutes the entire agreement between You and OWNS pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements existing between You and OWNS. Any modifications of this AGREEMENT must be in writing and signed by You and OWNS.
- MISCELLANEOUS. This AGREEMENT shall be deemed made in the State of Illinois, USA, and shall be governed by the laws of Illinois (without regard to its conflicts of law principles) and/or the United States, as applicable. You agree that any legal action between You and OWNS relating to this AGREEMENT will be brought only in a federal or state court sitting in Chicago, Illinois. Failure by OWNS to enforce any part of this AGREEMENT does not waive that part of the AGREEMENT. OWNS may assign its rights and obligations under this AGREEMENT to any party at any time without notice to You. Upon such assignment, OWNS is relieved of any further obligation under this AGREEMENT. The provisions of this AGREEMENT are severable. If any part of this AGREEMENT is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions stay in effect.
Nothing offered on this website is intended to substitute for an individualized, thoughtful decision process by patients and providers.
The Ocular Wellness and Nutrition Society (OWNS) does not endorse or approve any of the following:
- Specific medical products by brand name (e.g., brand name or trademarked drugs, medicinal foods, vitamins, supplements, or botanical medicines).
- Specific providers of healthcare products or services by name (e.g., laboratories or producers or distributors of medical products or healthcare equipment).
- Individual practitioners, whether OD, MD, DO, ND, DC, or from any other discipline. Referrals to practitioners who have taken OWNS affiliations may be made to members of the public, but the fact that a referral is not an endorsement must be made clear.
OWNS may provide statements of support for activities on which it has agreed to collaborate, such as sponsoring or co-sponsoring educational activities or projects, healthcare planning activities, research activities, publications, and other such activities that come within the scope of its nonprofit mission and goals.
Statements of support may also be provided for non-collaborative projects that are of significant public benefit. Such statements of support will be supplied only where OWNS has both adequately researched the collaborative activity and retains the right to withdraw support in the case that the activity violates agreed-upon boundaries or fails to reach acceptable standards of effectiveness and/or integrity.
The Ocular Wellness and Nutrition Society (OWNS) follows equal opportunity for employment, independent contractor hiring, board of directors appointments, liaison delegations, student interactions, and ambassador delegation policy and engages with personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy applies to hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and terminations.
No person in the United States shall be, based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity (as defined in paragraph 249(c)(4) of title 18, United States Code), sexual orientation, marital or parental status, political affiliation, military service, physical or mental ability, or any other improper criterion be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds made available by the organization.